I need help creating a video?
Do it yourself using Thinkable's guide or please contact your universities's media and communications department who can help in producing and creating your research video.
I need help preparing my pitch!
Here are some helpful guidelines on the content of your pitch:
- Engage your audience – perhaps start with a question, or a statement on a problem that your audience will understand and can relate to.
- Start at the end – what problem will you solve – what product will you create
- Briefly – and without jargon, explain how you are approaching the problem
- Point out what makes your work unique
- Tell them what you need from them. Are you looking for funding support/access to expertise?
- Practice – don’t use notes
And then remember all these C’s
You can read more about science–specific pitches here:
But it’s best to watch and learn – see some great examples of pitches from across the world here:
For more information, contact:
Mr John Nicholls